Thursday, October 26, 2017

Molecules of Moda Places 3rd!

I'm beyond excited to share that my quilt - "Molecules of Moda: Bella Solids" - placed third in the Moda Bella Challenge!!!
"Molecules of Moda: Bella Solids" Quilt Designed, Pieced & Quilted by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com

Last Thursday afternoon I cautiously answered my cell phone because it displayed a number from Dallas, Texas. With my fingers crossed, I said 'hello' and who should be on the other end? None other than Mark Dunn, president and owner of Moda Fabrics! And then he told me my quilt placed 3rd! Of course, I wanted to do a happy jig but I refrained and tried to sound professional on the phone. I probably didn't succeed but, at least, I hope I didn't sound like a bumbling idiot.

The top three quilts will hang in Moda's booth at International Quilt Market in Houston this weekend. After that, they will reside in Mr. Dunn's personal quilt collection and may possibly travel for display at quilt shows around the country and world. The prize money awarded for the top three placing quilts also purchased the quilts.

There were a total of 19 quilts that were selected as finalists. Today Moda shared photos of all 19 quilts on their blog "Moda Cutting Table" (click on the name to see the post). All the finalists' quilts were so awesome!

I am so honored to have my quilt become a part of Mr. Dunn's collection and to have a piece of my work be seen by people literally around the world at Quilt Market this weekend. This quilt is my creation and will live on long after I'm gone - a part of my legacy. Maybe through this quilt, I'll leave a mark on the quilting world. (OK, now I'm getting a little too philosophical, LOL!)

Can't wait to show ya'll photos of it hanging at Quilt Market!

~Sharla


http://www.thistlethicketstudio.com/2017/10/molecules-of-moda-places-3rd.html

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! What fabulous news. I am doing a happy jig on your behalf right now! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations and well deserved! I hope you have a great time at Market!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.