Thursday, October 5, 2017

4th Quarter Finish-A-Long Goals

2017 Finish-A-Long 4th Quarter Goals by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
It's been a slow production year for me in the quilting department and I really don't expect a change as we head into the holidays, but a girl's gotta have goals, right? So here are my goals for the 4th Quarter of the 2017 Finish-A-Long.....

2017 Finish-A-Long 4th Quarter Goals by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
1. 2017 Quilt Guild Challenge Quilt: Our guild challenge this year was a row quilt. Each month a new block was drawn for a row in the quilt. I'm about 4 months behind but this is going to be one of my main focuses this year to finish on time (don't ask me about last year's challenge or the year before that or the year before that!).

2017 Finish-A-Long 4th Quarter Goals by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
2. Custom Order Recipe Tea Towel: I have another design client! WooHoo! To design a custom recipe tea towel and produce 6 tea towels from the design for Christmas presents. This is a have-to-get-done so I know I'll have at least one project completed this quarter - barring any disasters (I don't want to jinx myself!).

2017 Finish-A-Long 4th Quarter Goals by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
3. & 4. Mini Halloween Quilts: I finished the bat mini in time for the 3rd quarter link-up so I only have the haunted house and cat to do yet. Hopefully in time for Halloween?

2017 Finish-A-Long 4th Quarter Goals by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
5. Frivols Kindred Quilt: I started this one when we were wintering in Texas in February so I'll probably take this one with me again if we get to head south during November. I'm not hopeful - on both accounts of getting the quilt done and getting to go south in November.

2017 Finish-A-Long 4th Quarter Goals by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
6. Christmas Star Quilt: I made this quilt many years ago and did some basic line quilting on my DSM. The lines are few and far between so I decided I wanted to put this on my long arm and requilt it. I started in July, then broke my elbow and hands. I had to take it off the machine to quilt my Moda Bella Challenge quilt so I'm hoping to get this back on the frame and get it finished before Christmas.

2017 Finish-A-Long 4th Quarter Goals by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
7. Bella Solids Circle Quilt: Speaking of my Moda Bella Challenge quilt, I took all of my left over scraps and have cut it all up to make a 42" x 48" circle quilt with a pieced backing. I think I'm going to call it "Just the Atoms" since it will have the atom circles but not the woven molecule circles that were in my challenge quilt. 

There they are, in all their unfinished glory. Hoping to have a flurry of finishes to finish out the year strong! I'll be linking this post up with Capitola Quilter for the Finish-A-Long Quarter 4 Goals

~Sharla

http://www.thistlethicketstudio.com/2017/10/4th-quarter-finish-long-goals.html

3 comments:

  1. cute! where'd you find the haunted house paper pieced pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with these finishes...some times its hard to get things accomplished but we just keep moving forward.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know don't you that my favourite is the moda circles quilt ? You will of course have to prioritise the tea towels which I love as well

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.