Thursday, July 6, 2017

TBT: Half Snowball Star Quilt

I had planned to share this Throw Back Thursday quilt last week for the 4th of July holiday but we were in the midst of our very "big" (yeah, not so much) wheat harvest and I didn't find the time. So here is my only patriotic quilt that I made probably 20 or more years ago.
Half Snowball Star Quilt Designed & Made By Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com

I used some left over yardage and scraps I had from a couple of crafting projects to make this quilt. The block that creates the stars is a half snowball block. I saw a picture of a star quilt made with this block and decided to design my own quilt to use up some of my red and navy scraps. It was quilted by a long arm quilter who used a star meander pantograph. The quilt measures 67" x 74". I usually use this quilt to decorate my entryway for the 4th of July holiday but this year I never got around to doing any decorating. June flew by - where is the time going?!


~Sharla


http://www.thistlethicketstudio.com/2017/07/tbt-half-snowball-star-quilt.html

3 comments:

  1. I love this quilt and I love the continuity of you bringing it out every year. At this busy time of year on a farm I'm surprised you get the chance to celebrate st all

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a huge fan of all things in this color way! As a wife a U.S. Army Veteran who served in Panama during the Noriega conflict and Operation Desert Shield/Storm the first Gulf War, I began to decorate with Red, white and blue not long after his return from Saudi in 1991.

    I've yet to make a patriotic quilt. It's been my dream to have one for a couple years now. This looks like a possible contender. It's absolutely stunning! Thank you for sharing. ��

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. This is really awesome quilt that will make us able to have an idea to make things good in a perfect way like you have made.
    Emma Charlotte | TheAcademicPapers.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.