Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Happy July 4th America!

I've had Thimble Blossom's Flag Quilt on my quilting bucket list for a couple of years now. To scratch that itch to make something new without starting another big project, I whipped up one flag block and made it into a mini quilt to hang on my vintage chippy painted door this weekend.

Flag Mini Quilt Made By Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
It was a quick project and I love how it turned out. I used a little Bonnie and Camille fabric but mostly Lori Holt fabric. I love how the aqua/turquoise colors make the red and blue pop. I quilted it on my Gammill Statler Stitcher using a ripples wave pattern. The finished quilt measures 19" x 15".

Custom Woven Labels For Thistle Thicket Studio made by Custom Labels 4 U. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
I finally finished a project so I could use my new quilt labels! I am so bad at labeling quilts so I am loving how easy these labels make that task.

Wishing all my fellow Americans a safe and happy 4th of July!

~Sharla

http://www.thistlethicketstudio.com/2017/07/happy-july-4th-america.html


3 comments:

  1. It looks great, as does your label! I hope you have a happy and safe 4th of July.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So American... I just love it!! And your label... where did you get it?? I can not get a good place where to order mine... :o(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quilt but your labels are brilliant

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.