Thursday, February 16, 2017

TBT: The Boys In Blue Quilt

This week's 'Throw Back Thursday' quilt is one that I made for my son-in-law in 2009. I've shared before that he is a police officer in Texas and when I came across this fabric during one of my quilt shop hopping trips, I had to buy it. I originally had made it for him to carry in the trunk of his patrol car, but he didn't want it to get ruined, so it is displayed on a quilt rack along with other quilts in my daughter and son-in-law's home. And this past year, it served as a tree skirt for his police-themed Christmas tree.
Thistle Thicket Studio, police quilt, boys in blue quilt, yellow brick road quilt pattern

Unfortunately, I've never been good at documenting my quilts (part of the reason I started this blog) and, therefore, I have no idea what the name of this fabric collection or manufacturer was. I am trying to do better, although I'm still terrible at putting on labels! I am pretty sure, though, that the quilt pattern is Yellow Brick Road by Atkinson Designs.

I put an off-white stop border around the center of the quilt and wrote my son-in-law's name and police department name in the border, repeating it all the way around the quilt. I used a permanent gold pen/marker. It was quilted by a high school classmate of mine with an all-over star and loop design.
Thistle Thicket Studio, police quilt, the boys in blue quilt, yellow brick road quilt pattern

I'm sure some of you are wondering what is the purpose of these 'Throw Back Thursday' posts. My plan, once I have posted all the quilts I have made (or at least most of them as I'm sure I've given some away that I didn't get photos of), is to print my blog posts in a full-color book. There are several 'blog-to-book' sites, such as Blurb, LuLu, Blog2Print and Into Real Pages, to name a few. I'll be researching which will be the best site for me over the next few months.

Have you printed a book from your blog? I'd love to hear what site you used, the pros and cons, and any recommendations you have!

~Sharla

http://www.thistlethicketstudio.com/2017/02/tbt-boys-in-blue-quilt.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.