Thursday, February 2, 2017

TBT: All Stars Quilt

In 'Throw Back Thursday' fashion, I'm sharing an older quilt I made before I started this blog. I'm hoping to do a series of these throughout the year to record quilts that I've made in the past to create an online record of them. First up is this 'All Stars' throw.
Thistle Thicket Studio, all stars quilt pattern, quilts, quilting

I made this quilt five or six years ago when I was still part owner in a quilt shop. As a way to move older fabric, my mom and I made kits using Cozy Quilt Strip Club patterns. The patterns are great for scrappy quilts using 2 1/2" strips.  The quilt measures 64" x 76" and was very fast and easy to make. This quilt was made with an older line of 3 Sisters fabric from Moda, but for the life of me I can't remember the name and I couldn't find it online. I quilted this quilt with an edge-2-edge pattern called "Brocade Fans" that was a free pattern that came with our Gammill Statler long arm.
Thistle Thicket Studio, all stars quilt, strip club pattern, quilts, quilting

This is now one of my 'camper' quilts. It adds a cozy feel to the living room of our 5th wheel and I love the extra pop the aqua and pinky-red brings to the tan and brown color scheme in the camper.

I hope you don't mind strolling down my quilty memory lane as I document some of my older quilt finishes!

~Sharla

http://www.thistlethicketstudio.com/2017/01/tbt-all-stars-quilt.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.