Thursday, February 9, 2017

TBT: Bird's Eye Quilt

I'm back with another Throw Back Thursday quilt. This quilt is one that started the quilting obsession for me. I learned to sew in 4-H as a child but didn't start quilting until I took a class featuring Eleanor Burns' rotary strip cutting technique back in the early 90's. This quilt also became my first official UFO as I tucked it away after the class with it only half finished and forgot about it.
Thistle Thicket Studio, Eleanor Burns, Bird's Eye Quilt, Quilt In A Day

Nearly 15 years later, I dug it out and finished it to give to my daughter as a housewarming gift in 2007. It took several years to finally finish my first 'quilt in a day' quilt. Thank goodness they don't all take me that long!

~Sharla

http://www.thistlethicketstudio.com/2017/02/tbt-birds-eye-quilt.html

1 comment:

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.