Monday, October 31, 2016

Decking The Halls In Fall

Wow! Summer flew by for me and I'm frantically trying to catch up with fall. I love to decorate with the changing of each season and I'm especially excited to decorate for fall this year as my kids and grandkids are coming home for Thanksgiving. Yipee!!!

Thistle Thicket Studio, fall decor, fall tablescape
Although my two grandsons are too young to even notice my efforts (and as boys, probably wouldn't care anyway), I want them to remember holidays at Nana's as magical times and a beautiful backdrop is the first step. I started with the dinner table, creating a festive tablescape. As you can tell, I have never believed in the 'less is more' mantra!

Thistle Thicket Studio, fall decor, fall tablescape, brown drip dishes, Canonsburg pottery, ironstone
I've been trying to decide what dinnerware to use this year and finally dug out the old Canonsburg Brown Drip Carefree Ironstone that were the dishes my hubby took to college. I decided to dress up the ironstone with these cute pumpkin pottery plates I found at Hobby Lobby. I love the warm and rustic feel of these dishes.

Thistle Thicket Studio, fall decor, fall wreath, fall quilt, vintage door decor
Then, of course, I had to deck out my vintage door with a wreath and quilt.

Thistle Thicket Studio, fall decor, pumpkin quilt, fallscape
The latest spot to get decked out was this antique wardrobe in the entry way. I love decorating this spot and sometimes I get pretty wild and eclectic in my décor choices for the wardrobe. It always seems to end up with some rusty metal junk!

I still have to decorate the outside entrance to the house and am hoping to get a few things made. Wish me luck as time is ticking away!

Happy Fall Y'all!
~Sharla

P.S. This is my one 'less is more' fall décor attempt. A simple hand embroidered towel tucked in the drawer of a china hutch.
Thistle Thicket Studio, fall towel, embroidery, fall decor

http://www.thistlethicketstudio.com/2016/10/decking-halls-in-fall.html

4 comments:

  1. Love your decorations - especially the gold and white pumpkins. And who knows, maybe the boys will notice - at least the shovel on top of the wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharla, your decorations are always amazing! I love your tablescape!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos Sharla , and great for me as we don't decorate here for fall . We have Halloween and then the leap to Christmas . (- and all we had for Halloween was a pumpkin which my daughter then "borrowed")

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd really like to read your post, thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.