Monday, November 2, 2015

Fall Favorite - Chicken & Wild Rice Soup

I love when fall arrives and the temps cool down. It makes me want to curl up with a quilt and have a hot bowl of soup in the evenings. One of my favorite go-to soups is Chicken and Wild Rice Soup. Its so rich and creamy. I love it and I think you will too, so I thought I'd share!

Chicken & Wild Rice Soup recipe available at www.thistlethicketstudio.com

Chicken and Wild Rice Soup

4 cups chicken broth
2 cups water
2 cooked chicken breasts, cubed
1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced (optional)
1 - 4.5 oz. package of quick cooking long grain and wild rice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup butter
2 cups heavy cream

In a large pot, combine broth, water and chicken. Bring to a boil, then stir in rice, reserving seasoning packet. Add mushrooms if desired.

In saucepan, melt butter. Stir in seasoning packet, Cook until bubbly, Reduce heat, stir in flour, salt and pepper to form roux. Whisk in cream, cook until thickened. Stir cream mixture into broth. Cook 10 minutes.

Happy eating!

~Sharla

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.