Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Farm Girl Friday Sewing & Other Crafty Projects

After a busy week of prepping for the Fabri-Quilt New Block Blog Hop, it was nice to spend some time sewing and crafting a little this week. It's Week 18 of the Farm Girl Vintage Sew Along! What?!? Week 18!!!! This summer has flown by, hasn't it? That means my week to be featured in the Farm Girl Vintage Sew Along - September 25th - is almost here! I better get in gear.

So let's not dally any longer, here are my blocks for this week.....

First up is the Scrappy Strawberry block. I love how author Lori Holt of Bee In My Bonnet made her strawberry pink instead of the typical red. I sprinkled in a little red in my strawberry, though, and love the final result:
I must be ready for fall because this Scrappy Maple Leaf block just screamed autumn to me.....

I managed to made a few crafty projects this week too that have been on my list. All small projects and so fun to make. I had this yardstick hanger idea in mind ever since I came home with these vintage needle books. A yardstick, small clothespins, green paint, vintage buttons and hot glue was all it took. TaDa!


While I had my jars of buttons out, I made a few vintage button magnets too!

My mom has been cleaning out her clutter and I have benefited with a few goodies, including six antique sewing machine drawers! Four of them now hold some of my precuts and sits on my sewing table.

The other two were dressed up with some yardsticks, hung on the side of one of my storage cabinets in my studio and filled with vintage things. Love it!

I celebrated my birthday last week with some quilty peeps, so fun to get together! I just had to share these cute little vintage clothes pins, one of the gifts I received. Love them and thank you!

I also was able to sneak in a little quilting time on my super-sized block quilt I designed when working on my Fabri-Quilt block. I will debut it next week with a free pattern - so stay tuned!

~Sharla

P.S. If you missed the Fabri-Quilt New Block Blog Hop, you can grab all the links on my Fabri-Quilt New Block Blog Hop post and be sure to get the free pattern for my Tumbleweed Crossroads block.

P.S.S. The sunsets have been amazing this past week due to the smoke in the atmosphere from the Northwest wildfires. Although a sad situation, they have produced some spectacular views in western Kansas. I only wish I could capture them better in photos.

1 comment:

  1. OMG! I used to have that little red iron and that clothes pin set as a child, along with a child size metal ironing board! Mom used to let me iron my dad's hankies!
    Thanks for the memories :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.