Saturday, June 20, 2015

Farm Girl Vintage Sew Along - Week 8


It's another Farm Girl Vintage Friday sewing on a Saturday. I was happy to steal away a few hours this afternoon to work on this week's blocks and to start sewing on something special to share later. First here are my two blocks this week....

 This is my Farm Fresh Flower block. Loving that green zigzag for the leaves!

And this is my Farmhouse block, complete with kittens playing in the grass.

I started working on an extra Farm Girl Vintage project to share when it's my turn on the FGV blog hop. I had some Sweetwater "Feed Company" fabric set aside for a different project, but after seeing Lori Holt's (Bee In My Bonnet) blocks using this line, I decided to make my extra project with it too. Don't they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery? You can check out Lori's "Feed Company" blocks here.
That's all of a sneak peek I'm giving until the reveal on my FGV blog hop day. Can't wait to show you.

Speaking of blog hops, come back and visit me next week (actually, the blogs go live at 11 p.m. CT Sunday night) as it's my turn on the 2015 New Quilt Bloggers Blog Hop.

~Sharla

4 comments:

  1. I really like the flower block and the green zig-zag, too! I am very excited to get to know more about you soon through your blog hop post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I do love these blocks and fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! I do love these blocks and fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! I do love these blocks and fabrics!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.