Tuesday, June 16, 2015

2015 New Quilt Bloggers Blog Hop

If you have visited my blog before, you've noticed lots of new changes (hopefully for the better!) in the last couple of weeks. The changes are the result of my participation in the 2015 New Quilt Bloggers group. Seventy plus quilt bloggers who have been blogging for less than two years are participating. I've learned lots of techy stuff and have met some really great bloggers who love quilting as much as I do. I have really been enjoying it so far.


The real fun, though, for you as a visitor to my blog is the 2015 New Quilt Bloggers Blog Hop that started this week! Each week over the next four weeks, some of the group's participants will be featured in the blog hop (I'm featured next week, so come back and visit me again).

The group has been divided into four 'hives' and I'm in the Quantum Quilters hive. Each hive has a host, Cheryl @Meadow Mist Designs, Stephanie @Late Night Quilter, Terri Anne @Childlike Fascination and Yvonne @Quilting Jetgirl (my awesome host), each posting about several new bloggers for you to check out each week.


This week, the Quantum Quilters being featured are:

Nurdan @Hug-a-Bit Quilts
Ali @Needle Down
Denise @CrafTraditions
Bernie @Needle and Foot

Please stop by and visit each of the Quantum Quilters, then go visit each of the other hosts and visit their hive members too! Be sure to check out how to enter in the blog hop for lots of great prizes too!

I must have been hiding under a huge rock here in western Kansas because I had never heard of Bloglovin' until I started participating in this group! If you've been hiding under that same rock (surely we were having some quilty fun together there) and haven't used Bloglovin', then go check it out! It's a site where you can track all of your favorite blogs and it will post every time one of your saved blog sites has an update. It's how I've been able to keep up with all of my new blogger friends I've meet in the 2015 New Quilt Bloggers group. So my techy tip for you is to get signed up for Bloglovin' then as you visit each of the bloggers in this week's blog hop, add them to your list of bloggers to follow. If you look at the top of my blog on the right hand side, there is a Bloglovin' button where you can sign up - and there are buttons for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest too, if you want to keep up with me on all my social media sites!

Have a great blog hop and I'll see you next week when it's my turn!

~Sharla


5 comments:

  1. I am so glad the hop has been so beneficial for you already, and thanks for linking up to your hive members! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so on the ball Yvonne! Thanks so much for all you've done to help us newbies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sharla , I'm part of the hop in quantum quilters next Monday too . Already I have learnt so much , but have yet to organise blog lovin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great info, thanks. I've been trying for weeks to get added to quiltingblogs and still having some trouble. Maybe this will help me. PS I am collecting 12-1/2 inch quilted blocks (raw edges) for a project I'm calling Yo Espero/I Hope - quilts for A Village Of Hope-Guatemala. The non-profit family style home is for special needs kids and vulnerable mothers. If any followers are interested, please contact me at ellenhernandez@hotmail.com GRACIAS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharla, your blog looks great! I'm so glad you found out about Bloglovin' through this Hop if nothing else, although I know you have ;) Thanks for your critique, I'm up this week!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.