Sunday, March 22, 2015

Dance of the Water Lilies

My quilty friends found a beautiful fabric for me last summer on one of our Row by Row Experience excursions. I was looking for the perfect fabric for my first One Block Wonder quilt. Although there was not enough to make a large quilt, there was enough for six repeats and a little extra for a border. And it was only $3.00 a yard. Perfect for my first attempt!

Well after six months at the quilter, I finally have it back and bound! So, of course, I have to share. I just love the colors in this quilt. I named it "Dance of the Water Lilies". Fitting I think.

Now, I'd really like to cut into one of the other four fabrics I have purchased for OBWs since this first fabric, but I really do need to try to finish up some of those UFOs.....I mean, I did make that my New Year's Resolution after all.

~Sharla

4 comments:

  1. 6 months at the quilter's? Oh no! (sounds like what sometimes happens around here! LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Utterly beautiful and worth the wait Im sure!
    Id like to make an OBW too but Im obsessed currently with The New Hexagon Millefiori BOM - have you seen whats going on on their facebook page?
    Its well worth a look, 2500+ members have also been obsessed by the idea LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I too am obsessed with the New Hexagon Millefiori BOM. I am, however, probably the slowest at hand sewing as I am still working on the first rosette. My papers arrived today for Rosette #4 - waaaay behind!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many are using machines to stitch theirs did you see?
      But it's not a race in any case, enjoying the process I reckon is what its all about.
      But Im going to have try at the OBW too ..........lol

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.