Saturday, March 21, 2015

Auction Finds - Sew Excited!

I spent the day at a farm auction with the hubby. Wasn't expecting there to be much that I'd be interested in so I took a quilt that I'm binding along. But among the farm tools piled on flatbed trailers were a few prizes I couldn't pass up - much to my husband's dismay!

I've never seen a thread spool holder like this so I couldn't let it slip by. I think it will work perfectly by my sewing machine to hold my favorite neutral colors of thread.

And the auctioneer was even surprised when they uncovered these gems. I scored not one, but TWO Singer Centennial featherweights, circa 1951. One has all the attachments, books, case, etc. while the other one is just the machine and case. What a way to celebrate National Quilting Day!

I uncovered a few other goodies on those flatbed trailers - an old wooden folding ruler, a metal jadeite green floor dust pan, some old books and an old typewriter. All great items for DIY upcycling projects! I feel a crafting day coming on:) The ruler and typewriter keys are destined for some fun necklaces, while I think the dust pan would look awesome with some spring flowers spilling out of it. And the yellowed pages from the books will make some great art journaling paper - a new obsession I want to pursue.

You just never know what you might find at a farm auction. Needless to say the binding didn't get put on that quilt!

~Sharla

2 comments:

  1. Very Cool ! Is that spool holder an actual spool holder? Or is it a tool that will become a spool holder! You really lucked out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is actually an old spool holder. The top would have held a little pin cushion.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.