Monday, January 26, 2015

Millefiore Quilt Update

I haven't worked on my millefiore quilt for a week now:(  Just too many other obligations and projects to finish up. I'm learning that I'm not very fast at sewing by hand - maybe that's why I hate sewing binding on quilts. A week ago, I got to spend two whole days working on it at a last minute family sewing retreat. I have only four hexies sewn onto my rosette to show for all those hours! Yes, I'm sloooooow as molasses! Somewhere on day 2, I contemplated making my millefiore quilt a one-rosette table topper, but I pushed those thoughts to the back of my head - I'm determined not to let this become another UFO! So I'm posting my progress so far so that you all can keep me on task.

On the up side, I am loving my colors so far. I love how perfectly the pieces fit together and how perfectly the points match. And, best of all, I got to go shopping for more fabric for the next rosette! My paper pieces for the next rosette arrived last week and the next rosette pattern will be posted February 1, so I've got to kick it in high gear and finish this one up. As they say, no rest for the wicked - and, I'm thinking, for those crazy enough to tackle this millefiore quilt!

~Sharla

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.