Sunday, January 3, 2021

New Year, New Finish-A-Long Goals

The holidays flew by and a new year is here, and with it a new year of the Finish-A-Long is beginning. The FAL took a break last year but posted on Instagram that they were ready to start back up again. So here is my very short goals list for the first quarter of 2021.

I decided to just focus on the three sewing challenges that I started in 2020 and hoping this will help me to focus and finish them in a timely manner (ha, ha!).

Moda Blockheads 3 Blocks Made By Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com

1. Moda Blockheads 3 Quilt: There are only five more blocks to go in this sew along, but I'm behind as usual. Still, I'm anxious to get caught up and begin working on my setting blocks.

2020 Stash Buster Blocks Made By Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com

2. 2020 Stash Buster Quilt: I have over half of the blocks completed to make a king-size quilt. I'm planning on working on this project at my mom's annual birthday sewing weekend this month (if she decided to have it with the continuing Covid concerns). Maybe just mom and I will have a sewing weekend for her birthday to celebrate her 80th! I want to gift this one this summer so I need to get it finished.

2020 Temperature Quilt Blocks Made By Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
3. 2020 Temperature Quilt: I am waaay behind on this one and need to do some serious work on it if I am going to enter it in the Modern Quilt Guild's Temperature Quilt Exhibit that will be shown at QuiltCon in 2022. Deadline to enter is in July, I think. I'm still finalizing the layout in my head for this one.

That's it, my Q1 quilting goals. Simple. Straightforward. Focused. Hopefully I don't have any squirrels that will pop up to distract me:) Did you join the Finish-A-Long this quarter? If so, share your IG name so I can go visit your Q1list!

Happy Quilting, Happy New Year!

~Sharla

Leave A Comment



2 comments:

  1. I signed up too since I am going be at home straight thru. It's been years since I successfully joined a FAL. Im colourdujour on IG, I hope you stop by there. I like your 3 projects, esp the paper piece flying geese.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately I will not be able to attend QuiltCon this year and won't be able to see the temperature quilts. I attended virtually last year and attended in Austin right before Covid hit.

    Do you sell the pattern for your round geese block? I saw one that said they had used Kelly Liddle's pattern but haven't been able to find it online. Thanks, and have fun at QuiltCon22!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.