Tuesday, July 28, 2020

A Lightbulb Moment Tea Towel

I had every intention of saving this post until the end of the week but I finished the pattern and couldn't wait to share! Here's the latest bonus pattern for my series of "A Lightbulb Moment" projects. My quilt pattern called "A Lightbulb Moment" is one of 15 projects featured in the new "Best of Moda Bake Shop" book now available in stores and online. 
A Lightbulb Moment Tea Towel Designed By Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com

This week, I reduced the pattern for the blocks 75% to make mini blocks to decorate a tea towel. Aren't those little lightbulbs so cute!
A Lightbulb Moment Tea Towel Designed By Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com

I used red baby rick rack for the cord this time because I couldn't find it in black a.n.y.w.h.e.r.e. I had the red on-hand so decided red it is! I trimmed it out in black rick rack to make up for it though. And I had this pom pom trim on-hand also so decided to add it too. More is better, right?
Best of Moda Bake Shop Book Featuring "A Lightbulb Moment" Quilt By Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com

Click Here For "A Lightbulb Moment" Tea Towel Pattern


Remember, each of the bonus patterns require the book for instructions on how to make the blocks, so be sure to get your copy ASAP! You can order it online from Martingale here or Amazon here if your local quilt shop doesn't have it.

You can get my bonus patterns for the table runner here and the wall hanging here. And be sure to keep coming back because I still have several more projects to share and starting August 10, all the 'chefs' (aka designers) from the book will be hosting a Pillow Parade and sharing pillow patterns to coordinate with the projects in the book. We have so much fun - and giveaways - planned!
A Lightbulb Moment Table Runner Designed By Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com

A Lightbulb Moment Wall Hanging Designed By Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com

As always, if you make any of my "A Lightbulb Moment" projects and share them on Facebook or Instagram, be sure to tag me @thistlethicketstudio and use the hashtag #alightbulbmomentquilt.

Happy Quilting!

~Sharla

http://www.thistlethicketstudio.com/2020/07/a-lightbulb-moment-tea-towel.html

2 comments:

  1. This is a really good idea Sharla to brighten up tea towels. I love this idea and your light bulb moment. Good luck with the book. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quilt from the Best if Moda Bake Shop. I was wondering what lengths the Ric Rac was cut for the quilt version. It does not list it anywhere.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.