Tuesday, January 21, 2020

My Q1 2020 Finish-A-Long Goal List


This year, the 2020 Finish-A-Long goal lists are being posted on Instagram, but I thought I'd share my goals here on my blog also. The deadline to post on Instagram was Sunday, but I'm just now getting around to posting them here. They are in no particular order of importance...

1. Hanky & Doily Quilt: When my mother-in-law passed away last May, she had several hankies and a few other handwork pieces saved in her cedar chest. Unfortunately, most of them were not marked so I don't know if any of them had any significant meaning to her. I decided I'm going to make a quilt with them using 30s fabrics. I've made one block that you can see above. I used a hexagon template to cut my background fabric and placed a little crocheted doily on top of the background. Since I know I will never - and I mean NEVER - get it done if I leave it in hexagons that have to be hand-pieced together, I am making them into rectangles that I can machine piece together. Hopefully it will turn out close to what I have pictured in my mind:)

2. Fence Rail (or is it Rail Fence?) QOV Quilt: I have all the blocks made for this one, I just have to piece them together, border, quilt and bind it. I really need to get this one done.

3. Moda Bake Shop Secret Sewing Project: I am working on a pattern for the Moda Bake Shop so, of course, it's top secret! I am using Stiletto fabric by Basic Grey. I spent the last four days at my mom's birthday sew-in with my mom and aunts, and have the blocks all sewn together now. Just need to border, quilt and bind it and then I'll be sharing it on the Moda Bake Shop blog.

4. A Ribbon Runs Through It Collage Quilt: This was our quilt guild challenge last year and I made two quilts, but I bought fabric for a third to try my hand at a collage quilt. I plan to hand the three together as a triptych in my sewing room.

5. Modern Marks Quilt: OMG, this one has been on my list for a couple of years and it's such a simple quilt. I just need to sit down and finish it! This one will probably be a donation quilt to a local child advocacy group.

6. Quilt Guild Row Quilt Challenge: Ugh, this was my guild challenge 2 or 3 years ago. I haven't worked on it since my mom's birthday sew-in retreat two years ago! I really want to dig this one out and get it finished.

7. Just the Atom Quilt: Again, another project from a couple of years ago. I started these blocks to use as a demo on how to make circle blocks after I made my Moda Bella Solids Challenge quilt. Another one I haven't worked on for a couple of years but want to dig it out and finish it up.

8. Frivols Kindred Quilt: I'm starting to sound like a broken record here, but this is another one I haven't worked on for a couple of years. It's not that large of a quilt so I really just need to make myself finish it.

There you have it - a manageable list for the first quarter of 2020. I'd be thrilled to knock the all out, but happy to get a couple finished. How about you? Did you post a goal list for the FAL this quarter? Let's help each other get them done!

~Sharla



1 comment:

  1. No, you don't sound like a broken record...you sound just like ME! hahahahaha I'm determined to get some UFOs done done this year, instead of starting more new ones. It's a vicious circle, isn't it? Best of luck to us both!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.