Thursday, September 13, 2018

It's Finished!: MBS Choose Your Own Adventure QAL

Finally finished!!! I made myself sit down and sew the binding on after I returned from my road trip to hear Moda Fabric's Mark Dunn speak at the International Quilt Study Center & Museum in Lincoln last weekend. Of course, the Kansas wind then had to blow for a day or two before I could get a few photos.


Play All Day At Camp Quilt From The Moda Bake Shop Choose Your Own Adventure QAL By Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
This is my "Play All Day At Camp" quilt. The name is derived from the fabric used - Play All Day by American Jane for Moda, and the camping theme of the Moda Bake Shop Choose Your Own Adventure Quilt-A-Long. If you follow me here, you know I was one of the camp counselors and designers for this sew along.


Play All Day At Camp Quilt From The Moda Bake Shop Choose Your Own Adventure QAL By Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
I really enjoyed this QAL. Everyone jumped into the theme and played along as we shared about our 'camp' adventures on the Moda Bake Shop Bakers Facebook page. All of the interaction with other quilters made it so much fun. And my fellow camp counselors were awesome to work with!!


Play All Day At Camp Quilt From The Moda Bake Shop Choose Your Own Adventure QAL By Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
Of course, my favorite block in the quilt is the Arrowhead Lake block that I designed. I just thought it was on target (get it?! Ha, Ha!) with the summer camp theme.


Play All Day At Camp Quilt From The Moda Bake Shop Choose Your Own Adventure QAL By Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
I also enjoyed designing the label that participants could download and print off from the Moda Bake Shop website. I even added a little poem to commemorate the QAL.

Quilt Stats:
  • Fabric, Top, Backing & Binding: Play All Day by American Jane - Sandy Klop for Moda Fabrics
  • Pattern: Moda Bake Shop's Choose Your Own Adventure QAL
  • Thread, Piecing: Aurifil 2309
  • Quilting Pattern: 1003 Daisy Days E2E by Kay Oft
  • Thread, Quilting: Signature 100% Cotton thread in Parchment
  • Batting: Hobbs 80/20
  • Longarm: Gammill Statler Stitcher

~Sharla

2 comments:

  1. It's stunning, Sharla! My top is finished but not yet quilted. And out of all the options to choose from, my favorite is Arrowhead Lake. My daughter, Hayley, who is also a quilter, saw that border and loved it so much that she's planning to use it in a medallion quilt that she's making. Thanks for all your work on this project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful finish! Do you have plans for how you will use it?

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.