Thursday, March 3, 2016

Spell It With Moda Sewing

Not much sewing has been happening around here since I finished my 'Robots All In A Row' quilt. I have started making some of the Spell It With Moda letter blocks, though, so thought I'd share. I pulled out my stash of Sweetwater Sunkissed fabric for this project.
Spell It With Moda Blocks Made By Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
Spell It With Moda Blocks Made By Thistle Thicket Studio www.thistlethicketstudio.com
These blocks are really fast & super easy to make, I just wish I had more time to sew right now. Are you participating in Moda Bake Shop's ABC Birthday QAL?It's not too late to join in the fun, so check out the details here. And you should check out Amanda Castor's Cut, Sew, Press, Repeat Recipe that she shared for the MBS Birthday QAL - this is definitely on my project to-do list!

I added one more project to my to-do list - a Batman quilt. When I gave grandson #2 his robot quilt, grandson #1 asked for a Batman quilt & Nana couldn't say no. I found this fabric for the backing the other day - at 40% off plus an end-of-the-bolt discount & $5 off my total purchase! POW!
Batman Quilt Fabric on Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com

Lastly, I thought I'd share my latest junkin' finds - a vintage toy sewing machine! It's just sew cute!
Vintage Toy Sewing Machine on Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com

And a vintage scrappy hexagon quilt. I love all the different vintage fabrics!
Vintage Hexagon Quilt Top on Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com

What have you been working on lately? What's next on your to-do list?

~Sharla




2 comments:

  1. That is so pretty in the Sunkissed! Somehow, I only have a charm pack of that fabric. I was holding out for the sale on it and missed out. Have you decided on a sashing yet? I'm still on the fence with going scrappy or framing each letter with it's background fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The robots were so delightful not surprised you've been asked for another quilt lol
    That's a darling little sewing machine! I do love a bargain buy in a charity shop - does it work? Mind you it doesn't need to work, just as a momento its a joy anyway

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.