Monday, February 15, 2016

Howdy Y'All: Moda Bake Shop Birthday QAL

I've mentioned before that Moda Bake Shop is celebrating its 7th birthday with a MBS ABC Quilt-Along and I'm one of the co-hosts. Each of the co-hosts were chosen because they submitted design ideas using the Spell It With Moda patterns and a filler block of their own design. I haven't shared my design yet, so thought I'd share today. My design, "Howdy Y'all", is inspired by my farm girl roots and Moda's home in the great state of Texas.

Howdy Y'all Quilt Design by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
I envision this quilt as a banner hanging on the split rail fence on our farm - a friendly southern welcome to all who visit. But, it could be a wallhanging or table topper as well.

Later down the road, I will be sharing my filler block pattern - the cowboy boot - on Moda Bake Shop, along with finishing instructions to make my 36" x 55" quilt.

Because I wanted to make my quilt with a country farm girl feel, I am using a jelly roll of Bread 'n Butter by American Jane and yardage of American Jane Pin Dot - Lorraine Ivory 21098 111 for my background.
Bread 'n Butter Jelly Roll by American Jane on Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com

This weekend I drafted instructions for my cowboy boot pattern and tested it. I used scraps in a red and blue color palette that would match my grandson's western/cowboy bedroom décor and made it into a pillow for his bed.
Howdy Y'all Cowboy Boot Pillow by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com

If you'd like to join me in celebrating Moda Bake Shop's 7th birthday, follow me on Instagram and Facebook where I'll be posting as I begin sewing my quilt. I'll be starting soon by making my Howdy Y'all letter blocks. You can find the letter patterns on Moda's Pinterest site here or you can purchase their Spell It With Fabric! pattern booklet at your local quilt shop.
Spell It WithFabric Pattern Booklet at Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com

I hope you'll join in and sew along with me - it should be a boot scootin', rootin', tootin' good time!

~Sharla

P.S. UPDATE!!!
I forgot to tell y'all that there are prizes with the Moda Bake Shop ABC QAL! How could I forget! Anyway, the first week prize drawing has just been announced on the Moda Bake Shop site, so click here to find out how to enter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.