Monday, January 23, 2023

More Reverse Applique Pillows

Here it is, already nearing the end of January!! And I'm still looking back at photos I haven't shared from the holidays. I realized I never shared the reverse applique pillows that I made for our family gift exchange. I really got in a sewing kick and made several pillows this year.

Lightbulb Reverse Applique Pillow Pattern by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com

I shared a free reverse applique Christmas Lights pillow pattern on my website as a Christmas gift for my followers and these pillows were all made with the same instructions, just different designs that I found on free clipart sites.

Christmas Tree Reverse Applique Pillow by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com

I made a set of six pillows for various holidays/seasons throughout the year. Each of the background fabrics are strips of various widths pieced together.

Snowflake Reverse Applique Pillow by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com

The pillows are all 12" square so they can use the same pillow insert. That makes it easier to store the pillow covers flat and they take up less space.

Easter Bunny Reverse Applique Pillow by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com

I just love this Easter bunny pillow with his button tail.

4th of July Reverse Applique Pillow by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com

I really like using Moda Grunge fabrics for the pillow fabric because it's a heavier fabric with the added paint on the surface so the background fabrics don't show through as easily. If they do, I just trim the excess away after I have machine stitched around each applique opening.

Fall Leaf Reverse Applique Pillow by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com

I made several different fall leaf pillows last fall for demos for the two quilting groups I belong to. 

Jack-o-lantern Reverse Applique Pillow by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com

On the jack-o'-lantern pillow, I appliqued the face on top of the reverse applique using black felt. I also appliqued the leaf using corduroy.
 
All Hearts Come Home For Christmas Pillow by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com

One last reverse applique pillow I gifted to another family member for their new home is this "All Hearts Come Home For Christmas" pillow. The wording is applied with a flocked heat-transfer vinyl. I added a black pom-pom trim around this pillow also.

I really enjoyed making all of these pillows and they were a quick and easy project. Did you make any gifts for Christmas this year?

Happy Quilting!

~Sharla






No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.