Friday, November 19, 2021

Happy Halloween Pillow

I didn't get this pillow completed in time for Halloween but I'm still super stoked about this finish! And Halloween will be here again before we know it!

Happy Halloween Pillow Designed By Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
I made this pillow from 2 1/2" strip scraps from my Pumpkin Squared quilt that I will be sharing in the near future. I cut the scraps into 2 1/2" squares and pieced them into a 10" x 20" rectangle. I then designed a Happy Halloween SVG for my Silhouette Cameo 4. Using flocked heat-transfer vinyl, I fused the design to the my pieced rectangle. I've never used flocked HTV before, but I absolutely love it in this application. 

I custom quilted my pillow top using a spider and cobwebs around the HTV. After quilting, I added some rick rack, which I love too. 

Happy Halloween Pillow Designed By Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
For the back of the pillow, I used a decorative scalloped zipper for easy access for stuffing my pillow. I love, love, love this detail and will definitely be using more zippers in my pillow backs in the future.

Happy Halloween Pillow Designed By Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
Soon I'll share the quilt that coordinates with this pillow and even share the pattern, so stay tuned!!

Happy Quilting

~Sharla

Leave A Comment



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.