Friday, May 29, 2020

Best of Moda Bake Shop: A Lightbulb Moment

I am so incredibly thrilled and honored today to finally share that I have a new pattern that is included in Moda Fabric's soon-to-be-released book called "Best of Moda Bake Shop" published by Martingale!!!! My pattern is called "A Lightbulb Moment" and, of course, is a Christmas-themed quilt featuring a big string of old-fashioned lights. 
"A Lightbulb Moment" Quilt by Thistle Thicket Studio Featured In "The Best of Moda Bake Shop" Book. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
This quilt has a very modern vibe (yet if made in different fabric, it could look so vintage or country) and is a really quick and easy pattern. And who doesn't love rick rack!! And this photo of my quilt in the book is gorgeous!!! I want those jumbo jingle bells!

"Best of Moda Bake Shop" Book Featuring "A Lightbulb Moment" Quilt by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
The book features a total of 15 easy projects using pre-cuts - table toppers, wall hangings and lap-size quilts - and is already available for pre-order from several online shops, with a release date of July1. Check out Martingale for photos of all the projects on their "Best of Moda Bake Shop" book page here.

I want to thank Moda Fabrics for asking me to be a part of this book. It has been a great experience and so fun to see how things come together behind the scenes. Can you believe this book has been over a year in the making? I don't know when the idea was born but I was first contacted in June of last year to submit an idea for the book. My first idea was not accepted because it was a pinwheel-themed design and they had already selected a pinwheel project (FYI: that first design will be featured on the Moda Bake Shop website some time in June) and they asked me to submit another design - I'm so glad they gave me a second chance! I received a heads up from Moda at the end of June that "A Lightbulb Moment" was selected for the book and to order my fabric, which arrived on July 16. Between that time there were contracts and details about my responsibilities shared, including this very important deadline date - August 16! As you can imagine, I was mostly MIA for those 30 days making the quilt and writing the pattern, etc. 

I also want to thank Martingale. They were so great to work with and very timely in answering my questions during the process. After I mailed my quilt  and pattern off to them, not much happened that involved me - but Martingale put in so much time on their end writing and designing and photographing and all the other details that go into publishing a book (as you can imagine!). And it looks sooo good - or at least my portion of the book that I've seen (I received my portion to edit at the end of January). 

With such top-notch companies as Moda and Martingale involved, you know that this book is going to be fantastic and I can't wait to see the book! Of course, I'll be sharing more after the book is released, including additional projects that can be made with my lightbulb block and giveaways - So Stay Tuned!!!!

Happy Quilting!

~Sharla

http://www.thistlethicketstudio.com/2020/05/best-of-moda-bake-shop-lightbulb-moment.html

3 comments:

  1. Congrats! It's fun to "be published", isn't it? I got to quilt one for Lissa Alexander that was in 1 of her books! I still have a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to have A Lightbulb Moment Kit, do you know of anyone selling that. If I am seeing correct it appears to be from the Grunge Seeing Stars Fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not know of anyone selling a kit and yes, you are correct, it is Grunge Seeing Stars fabric.

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.