Sunday, June 16, 2019

A Scrappy Happy Holidays Mystery QAL: Block 6

A Scrappy Happy Holidays Mystery Sew Along Block 6 by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
We're over the halfway hump for this sew along - can you believe it! I enjoyed designing and making this "Get Lit" block so much and hope that those of you participating will enjoy it too.

A Scrappy Happy Holidays Block 6 - Get Lit by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
As you can see, I've made five blocks and stung them together, just like lights on a Christmas tree. These are my three versions. (It was a miracle I got a photo of these with our western Kansas breeze!)

I made the background rectangles that will be cut into triangles extra large so that you can have a generous overlap on each end. The blocks can then be squared up easily without risk of the background being to short on one side. (Hope that makes sense!)

It may take longer to cut out the fabric for these blocks than it does to sew them - so easy peasy! Happy Sewing!

~Sharla

NOTE: The pattern is not included in the post. The pattern is provided by email to those participants registered for 'A Scrappy Happy Holidays Mystery Sew Along'. Registration for this sew along has closed.


http://www.thistlethicketstudio.com/2019/06/a-scrappy-happy-holidays-mystery-qal.html

2 comments:

  1. I love these. Thanks for taking time out of your incredibly busy life to do these for us ... Take a breath now ... It's okay. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.