Sunday, May 5, 2019

Howdy Y'all Revisit

I was so excited to see this photo of my Howdy Y'all quilt on my Facebook feed yesterday. I designed this quilt and the boot block for Moda Bake Shop as part of their 'Spell It With Moda' series a couple of years ago. It is always exciting to see when someone else likes and makes your designs. 
Moda Bake Shop, Spell It With Moda, Howdy Y'all Quilt, Thistle Thicket Studio

This batik version of the Howdy Y'all quilt was made by Patricia Schroll - 100% from her scraps! She said this quilt gave her a piece of 'home' since she no longer lives in the U.S. Don't you just love all the ways a quilt can provide for someone!

Howdy Y'all Quilt, Moda Bake Shop, Thistle Thicket Studio, Spell it With Moda
Here is my version of the quilt that I made with American Jane's Bread and Butter fabric. I made it as a banner that I tie on my fence to welcome guests to the farm. Click here for the tutorial of the Howdy Y'all quilt.

~Sharla

http://www.thistlethicketstudio.com/2019/05/howdy-yall-revisit.html

2 comments:

  1. What a special reminder for someone that has moved away from the U.S. Both versions are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this quilt. And I bet you did get a thrill from seeing it

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.