Monday, October 15, 2018

Finish-A-Long Q4 Goals

Or rather 'goal'. With some travel plans for quilt market and the SPDImmersion retreat (with time to spoil the grandkids too), and with the holidays upon us, I have decided to narrow down my sewing goals for the last quarter of the 2018 Finish-A-Long to one. This summer I joined the newly organized Quilts of Valor group for my area. They have hit the ground running, already holding three presentations for approximately 20 veterans since their first meeting in May! I am amazed at the amount of quilts these 5 or 6 women have made in such a short amount of time. Unfortunately, I have not contributed yet, so my focus this quarter is to complete a quilt for the cause.

Fabric Pull For QOV Quilt By Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
I had some yardage of sunflowers on a navy background in my stash and decided that since we are located in Kansas, it would be perfect to use. I picked up the other fabrics while I was in Lincoln, NE last month for the Mark Dunn Collection opening at the International Quilt Study Center and Museum.

Quilt Mockup For A QOV Quilt By Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
I found a mockup of a free quilt pattern on Robert Kaufman Fabrics that I used as inspiration for this pattern. I'm hoping to sew the blocks during my travels then complete the quilt after my return home. Fingers crossed!

I'm linking this post up with the FAL Q4 link up.

~Sharla

http://www.thistlethicketstudio.com/2018/10/finish-long-q4-goals.html

3 comments:

  1. Oh, that's so cheerful! I really like this version of a quilt of valor -- the red white and blue are still there, but maybe also a reminder of the midwest with those lovely yellow stars that make me think of sunflowers. Good luck with your finish this quarter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. going to Market...are you back in business?

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.