Thursday, August 9, 2018

E2E or Custom Quilting: MBS Choose Your Own Adventure QAL

It's been a great summer at Oda May's camp over on the Moda Bake Shop blog. Closing Ceremonies for camp was a few days ago and I'm happy to say I'm leaving camp with a completed quilt top. But now the big question is - How do I quilt it?


Play All Day At Camp Quilt (Moda Bake Shop Choose Your Own Adventure QAL) By Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
My first thought was just to quilt an Edge 2 Edge design because I really need to get back to my surface pattern designs if I am to meet my self-imposed deadlines this fall. But, then I think this quilt would be the perfect quilt for some custom quilting. But then again, are the fabrics too busy and would the quilting not show up anyway? So many questions and indecisions, what's a girl to do?


Play All Day At Camp Quilt (Moda Bake Shop Choose Your Own Adventure QAL) By Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
So, I'm looking for suggestions from all of you! Should I quilt an E2E or custom? What patterns would you use (I'm not a free-hander) in the different blocks and borders? HELP, I'm sending out a distress signal to all my quilty friends and followers!


Play All Day At Camp Quilt (Moda Bake Shop Choose Your Own Adventure QAL) By Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
I did see that HollyAnne on the String & Story blog is going to do a series of blog posts on how to free motion quilt the Choose Your Own Adventure quilt, so I'll be interested to see what she does. But, she will be doing it over several weeks and I really don't have time to drag it out that long.


Play All Day At Camp Quilt (Moda Bake Shop Choose Your Own Adventure QAL) By Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
Anyway, hit me up with some ideas!

~Sharla

http://www.thistlethicketstudio.com/2018/08/e2e-or-custom-quilting-mbs-choose-your.html

1 comment:

  1. E2E is perfect for a fast finish, but custom quilting doesn't have to take forever, either. You could always just break it down to different motifs for each adventure / ring for a compromise. :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.