Wednesday, September 21, 2016

A Visit From Jenny of Missouri Star Quilt Co.!

My mom has such a wonderfully positive attitude given her current situation, but it was still fun to brighten her day with an epic quilty surprise! On Monday, Jenny Doan, of Missouri Star Quilt Co., and her husband, Ron, stopped by to visit my mom and aunt in the rehab facility.

Thistle Thicket Studio, Jenny Doan, Missouri Star Quilt Co, surprise visit
Jenny Doan visits my mom, Janet (left), and my aunt, Judy (right), in the rehab facility following their accident.
I so wish I had video taped my mom as Jenny introduced herself, to catch mom's expression as her jaw literally dropped in stunned surprise and her eyes widened in sheer amazement. Mom is a big fan of Jenny and her easy quilting style, but seeing her in the place she least expected made it hard for her to recognize that familiar friendly face from the MSQC videos.


Jenny and Ron where so down-to-earth and genuine. They visited about their family, ideas for upcoming videos, their scary car accident and more, as if we had all been friends for years.

They were so thoughtful and generous, bringing gifts of flower bouquets and MSQC bags filled with t-shirts (from their 8th Birthday Bash happening this weekend) and books of Jenny's quilter stories.


Jenny, Ron and Missouri Star Quilt Co. are a class act. When they learned about the accident, they refunded our group the cost of the tickets for the trunk show we were planning to attend the next day. Then, they went out of their way to spend a couple of hours with us. Jenny, thank you for being a ray of sunshine and brightening my mom and aunt's day!

I can't wait for my mom and aunt to get back on their feet so that we can reschedule our girls road trip and pay a visit to Jenny and MSQC!

~Sharla


http://www.thistlethicketstudio.com/2016/09/a-visit-from-jenny-of-missouri-star.html

6 comments:

  1. This gives me goosebumps, Sharla. Seriously, I got teared up when you shared the photos originally, and reading the story just has me so thankful for the heart and amazing soul of our quilting community. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Wow! What a wonderful surprise. I really hope that having such special visitors will provide a boost to your Mum's and Aunt's recoveries. And I couldn't agree more with Yvonne's comment about our quilting community ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god! How sweet is that! I like Jenny a lot as well from her videos. It is so nice of her and her husband to come and visit. Amazing. I got goosebumps. Well done you organising the surprise =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not just sweet. That is a class act! Ya gotta respect the person who has such a caring attitude toward their audience. Jenny made this quilter a customer for life.
    Neame

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was such a nice thing of jenny to do , and something you will all treasure . Great therapy for yiur mum and aunt too

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post warmed my heart, what an absolute sweet thing for Jenny to do, which just goes on to prove that quilters have some of the most big loving hearts in the world. I'm sure your mom and aunt were completely surprised and excited. Thanks for sharing this beautiful story with us.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.