Thursday, December 4, 2014

A Very Rusty Junk Country Christmas

Miss me? I've enjoyed a few weeks of rusty junkin' travels but I'm home now and so excited to start decorating for Christmas! I saw lots of beautiful, creative Christmas décor during my travels and have had my own ideas floating around in my head. I decided the unpacking can wait, the laundry will still be there tomorrow, but my creative mojo needed attention now! So I dug out some junk that will make perfect rusty junk country Christmas décor for my back door.

With a few spools of burlap ribbon, raffia, barnwood scraps & a few logs, I transformed my rusty junk into a festive Christmas entry.
I love my old sled. It was my grandparents' sled and I bring it out each Christmas to enjoy. It's all decked out with a burlap bow and rusty bells.

I have two matching cream cans, perfect for gracing each side of my door. With tree branches tucked in the top and more burlap bows and rusty bells, it looks great next to an old bucket filled with wood, mistletoe freshly picked while it Texas and pinecones. A rusty metal angel and rusty stars definitely say Christmas to me.

Joining my sled on the other side of the door is another cream can, more rusty stars, and one of my favorite finds while on my junking travels - an olive bucket purchased at the Junk Gypsies garage sale in Round Top, Texas. I even got Aimee, Jolie, and their mom and dad to autograph it!

And here is the completed phase 1 of my back door project. I found the cutest wooden stars that match my gray chevron burlap ribbon and I hung them from the tree branches. Can't wait to show you what I have planned for the other side of this entry, so stay tuned!

~Sharla

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.