Wednesday, July 3, 2024

The Not So Red And Cream Quilt

Last year, I signed up for a block of the month quilt at our local quilt shop. The quilt was called the Red and Cream Sampler Quilt by Fig Tree and Co. I wasn't inspired by the red and cream color-theme and decided to challenge myself by making it bright and multi-colored.

Red & Cream Sampler BOM by Fig Tree & Co. (photo by Fig Tree & Co.) www.thistlethicketstudio.com
I selected a collection of bright fabrics (I can't remember the name now) but couldn't decide on a background fabric. With the help of my local quilt shop owner, we landed on darker shade of blue. The not-quite-navy fabric really made the bright fabrics pop.

The Not So Red And Cream Sampler Quilt Made By Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com

I finished the top in time for the quilt reveal at the end of the BOM in November but didn't get it quilted until this spring. I'm thrilled with how this one turned out! I have named this quilt "The Not So Red and Cream Quilt". Fitting, I think!

Have you made the Red and Cream Sampler Quilt? What colors did you choose? I'd love to see photos if you post them on social media.

Happy Quilting!

~Sharla



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.