Saturday, September 21, 2024

Under-Appreciated Bolt Challenge

Earlier this year, my local quilt shop held a fabric challenge. The rules were simple, make a quilt, no larger than 40" x 40", quilted and bound, using the challenge fabric. We were to make the challenge fabric "shine" and to "display it in an awesome way".

For the challenge, I decided to focus on displaying my entry in a unique way and to push the boundaries of what people think of as a traditional quilt. My entry, called "Love & Roses", was inspired by a tennis racket mini quilt made by Sun Stitched Studio on Instagram.

"Love & Roses" Tennis Racket Mini Quilt by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com


The paper pieced rose is a
free pattern by Jitka Design. The 3-D roses were made from a Fabric Rose Tutorial by Fusia Craft on YouTube.

"Love & Roses" Tennis Racket Mini Quilt by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com

It was fun to come up with an entry that was waaay out-of-the-box for this challenge, even though my entry did not win. I wish I could have been a mouse in the corner to hear people's comments!

Happy Quilting!

~Sharla



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.