Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Finish-A-Long Q2 List

2016 Finish-A-Long Q2 List by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com

It's time to put my list together of projects I hope - maybe 'dream' is a better word - to finish in the next three months for the second quarter of the Finish-A-Long. Last quarter I only completed 2 projects so I'm starting with the carry-over projects from last quarter and then, of course, I had to add a few more. I want to be sure to include a project to cover every mood I might be in! lol

1. I'm so close to finishing this Bonnie & Camille Log Cabin Swap quilt. It just needs quilted and bound. In fact, I loaded it on the longarm yesterday so I'm ready to get this one done!
Bonnie & Camille Log Cabin Swap Quilt by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com

2. I'm hoping to get back to this Farm Girl Vintage quilt this quarter. I need to sash all the blocks together for the top, then I have fun ideas for the backing to make it a reversible quilt. So many ideas, so little time!
Farm Girl Vintage Blocks by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com

3. I still have this leaders and enders project that needs a bunch of postage stamp blocks made to complete it. Maybe I'll get those made this quarter as I work on these other projects.
Scrappy Squares Leaders & Enders Project by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com

4. I'm famous for jumping from project to project so I want to include a couple of new projects for when I'm sick of working on UFOs. This "Fall Frolic" quilt has been sitting on my shelf for awhile now. I bought it last year on our Row by Row girls road trip.
Fall Frolic Quilt Project - Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com

5. The other new project that's been sitting around for awhile is this Bonnie & Camille Frivols quilt. Have been dying to dig into this one but have been restraining myself. Maybe I'll restrain myself a little less this quarter!
Bonnie & Camille Frivols Tin - Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com

6. But the first 'new' project I need to tackle is my grandson's Batman quilt. He requested this one when his little brother received his "Robots All In A Row" quilt and I don't want to disappoint him!
Fabric Pull For Batman Quilt by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com

7. These are the blocks from my quilt guild's BOM last year. I've decided on a setting so now I need to get these blocks sewn up!
Scrappy Kansas Troubles Blocks by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com

8. My last two projects are to celebrate Moda Bake Shop's 7th Birthday. As one of the co-hosts of MBS' ABC Birthday Sew-Along, I have been working on different projects using the "Spell It With Moda" alphabet block patterns. This is next on my list to finish up!
Spell It With Moda Blocks & Sunkissed Fabric - Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com

9. Then I have some secret sewing to do with this jelly roll of "Bread 'n Butter" that I'll be sharing on the Moda Bake Shop website in May!
American Jane Bread 'n Butter - Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com

There ya go! Nine projects this quarter. That's 3 projects per month! And April is half way over! It's time to kick it in gear. I'll be linking this post up with the 2016 Finish-A-Long for motivation to get these projects finished.

What WIPs and UFOs are you tackling this quarter? Let's hear about them!

~Sharla

2 comments:

  1. I did the farm girl vintage quilt to, mine is all together I just need to quilt it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure your grandson will tell you the rest can wait , his is the most important !

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.